Wednesday, April 15, 2015

We are becoming Pakistan.

My brother, with some justice, dislikes casual use of the word treason, pointing to the strict definition in the constitution under Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution:
Treason against the United States, shall
consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their
enemies, giving them aid and comfort
I would argue that Clive Bundy (Year After Denying Federal Control, Bundy Still Runs His Bit Of Nevada : NPR) comes pretty close, by the active use of force and the threat of force to constain and intimidate the Federal government.  In so doing, he is stealing my land and my resources.

I say my because as a willing citizen, I must acknowledge partial ownership in this American republic, both the good and the apalling.  And I want my agent, the Federal government to manage the lands we own for the benefit of greatest number of the republic's population/

Instead of this,
Indeed, the BLM has pretty much stopped managing or
patrolling a vast, southeastern corner of the state ...
because of safety concerns.
Which means, in the words of former local national park superintendent, Alan O'Neill, 

"In other words, anybody that doesn't want to follow
any federal laws or regulations can do so if they have
enough firepower with them," O'Neill said.
This is an example of the apalling I have to take ownerhsip of -- I am being forced to forego my right to a bully, because my agent -- the Federal Governement and the President are not acting for me.

 We are becoming Pakistan.


0 comments:

Post a Comment