Thursday, June 18, 2015

The race is on,



I made a guess (Small prediction  below ), as to how the reactionary media were going to handle the Obama's statement about why we have some many of these killing.
Charleston shooting.  I expected a major focus on tearing at


Well, there is some of that already,Jindal on Obama's gun control comments: 'Now's not the time'


But, I may have been mistaken in what the main thrust would be.


Some are going with the focus on the church, not the racial, aspect of the shooting: specifically anti-Christianism: Todd Starnes: Security Expert: My Fear is That More Churches Will be Targeted.  (


I wonder if they are going to try and tie it to the LGBT community, which according to them is bullyingly anti-Christian and discriminatory.  Hm.



Anyway, I will be interested in which track it taken -- it's Obama's fault or the beleaguered Christian community.

It's going to be hard to judge which deception the reactionary press (can we call it the red press?) is going with.  For example, the Todd Starnes mentioned above seems to be hedging his bets here, his facebook page attacks Obama's comments a political.



Anyone interested in helping keep score?
Late yesterday (6/18), I submitted a post to Facebook on the shooting in Charleston, SC
, where I said:

"Perhaps I am just old and tired, but my first thought was to wonder how Fox News and other reactionaries will find the root cause of this to be

a) The Black community,

b) White liberals,

c) Muslims."
Adding later: "Oh, I left out d) LGBT people



"



I mention this because I was too small minded in my prediction.



There is whole panoply of spn that can be used, some of which I hadn't thought of, for example that it the attack was part of hostility to Christianity (primarily) and this is an example of why we have got to be armed (see Fox's Steve Doocy: It's Extraordinary That Charleston Church Shooting Is Being Called A Hate Crime
).



You have to admire the speed, creativity, and choice of messengers there



But still, I will make a prediction, the big reactionary attack will be on Obama's comment (See Obama Reacts To Shooting

):

At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence doesn’t happen in other countries." 
That's going to be red meat to them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment