Monday, July 7, 2014

Not a great idea

This article on the Forward website,Jewish Wedding Symbolizes Revival in Poland City of Wroclaw – Forward.com, is supposed to be a feel good article.

I am sorry that I will not feel that way. I see them as glorifying a mistake. 

It is a fantasy that we can restore something of Jewish life to Eastern Europe.  Understanding the Holocaust as an aberration, is not supported by history.  (Communism is an aberration, the anti-semitism there was part of a calibrated policy, not a popular sport.)


We have been the other a long time in Europe, and still are: just look at the polling (Attitudes Toward Jews in Ten European Countries).  This even in countries (like Spain, Poland, and Greece) with negligible Jewish population: a new invention anti-semitism without Jews.

Anti-semitism without Jews, that I can live with. I cannot be happy by creating new hostages.









1 comments:

Matthew Saroff said...

Daym!!!!

You are really looking for that cloud!

BTW, I do not think that there will ever be enough Jews in Poland to function as hostages.

Post a Comment